Self-publishing has existed for some time but still remains a new concept and not everyone knows about it. With Amazon KDP, anyone can self-publish their work, whether they have any writing experience or not. Several self-publishing platforms are available, and authors can use them to upload their manuscripts, design their covers, and market their books online. Self-publishing has its pros and cons, but it’s an affordable way to get your book published and into the hands of readers.
Kindle Direct Publishing may be a perfect idea if you are thinking of publishing your work. With Kindle Direct Publishing, you can create your ebook, print-on-demand paperback, or hardcover book and upload it to Amazon.com for sale. Also, you will have total control over your book pricing, profit, and royalties, and keep track of your sales.
In this article, we will be discussing everything you need to know about Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing, how to publish on the website, what you need, how to set up an account and finally, how to start creating a passive income with this too.
Everything You Need to Know About Amazon KDP
Below listed are things you need to know about Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing;
Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) is a self-publishing tool that allows authors/creators to upload their books, set up Kindle publishing profiles, and sell their books through the Amazon official website. Amazon KDP offers different features for authors, such as;
- Kindle Unlimited: This allows readers to read unlimited books for free.
- Kindle Direct Publishing Select: Allows authors to choose how much they receive from each sale.
- Kindle Editorial Reviews: With this, readers can review books before they are published.
Is the Amazon KDP account free?
The Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) technology is known to be a free platform that allows writers to publish and sell their works digitally. It’s free to sign up for an Amazon KDP account, but fees are associated with using the platform.
The most common fee is the Kindle Unlimited subscription fee, which costs $9.99 per month. There are also other fees for creating custom covers or uploading files that exceed certain size restrictions. But Amazon usually offers a free platform for self-publishing authors to use.
Is Amazon self-publishing worth it?
If you’re an experienced author published by a traditional publisher, you may not need to self-publish. Many major bookstores carry self-published books, and there’s no need to pay royalties or fees to a third party.
However, if you’re publishing for the first time or an author who hasn’t had any luck getting your work published through traditional channels, then self-publishing may be the way to go. You can choose either an indie publisher or self-publish yourself.
If you want to take your writing career to the next level and publish your work with Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing, below are a few things you need to do before signing up;
- Authors need to sign up for a new account and create a book before they can publish the book through the Amazon Direct Publishing platform.
- They also need to select the category in which they want to publish a book.
- As an author, you must choose the book’s publishing format and the Kindle, Paperback and Audiobook.
- You can also decide the number of copies of the book that you would like to produce at a specific price
- After completing these steps, you can submit the book and await approval from Amazon.
- Once your approval is granted, you can view your sales data and royalties and manage your publishing schedule.
To sign up for Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing, follow the step-by-step guide below;
- Visit the Amazon official website to register with the necessary information.
- During Registration, you will be required to input your email address. This is where Amazon how the program will contact you about publishing updates and new opportunities.
- After Registration, the next thing you need to do is create an Author Central account.
Note: Author Central is the User interface where you can manage all your publishing information and connect with your readers.
Must Read – How to get an ISBN for your Ebook
Putting your books on the Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing platform is easy. Here is how to do it;
- Curate a title for your book. It is vital to choose a descriptive title for your book and include keywords from your research
- Sign up for an Amazon KDP account if you haven’t already.
- Upload your manuscript file to Amazon KDP.
- Set up royalties and other publishing options.
- Publish your book.
What should I sell on Amazon KDP?
You can sell any form of beneficial content/books on the Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing platform. But a lot of authors usually get confused about what to sell. This is why we’ve developed a questionnaire below to help you align your thoughts, strength and passion into a single book.
- What kind of author are you?
- What genre do you write in?
- What’s your average book’s length?
- Is your book an ebook or a paperback?
- Are you willing to invest in marketing efforts?
- Are your books digital right management free?
- How much time and effort will it take to set up and market your KDP account and books?
This questionnaire should guide you in writing a good book you can sell on the Amazon KDP platform.
Find Out How to Outline Your eBook
How To Start Your Passive Income Journey With Amazon KDP
Publishing with Amazon is one of the most lucrative businesses you can start today, whether you are already a writer, a publisher or just someone looking to start and build a profitable business online.
Let me show you how Students, Workers, And Even Sit-at-home Mothers are taking advantage of Amazon Kindle Publishing to Upgrade their Financial Status.
Before I go on, the good thing about publishing with Amazon KDP is that you don’t need to be a writer or even write anything to be successful in this business. With the system I will show you, all you need is your LAPTOP or even ANDROID PHONE, your INTERNET CONNECTION, and finally a PROVEN METHOD that works.
This proven method is what I’m going to be showing you in a 45-60 minutes webinar that explains how anyone can start their Passive Income Journey with Amazon KDP. Click Here to access the life-changing WEBINAR VIDEO
Everything You Need to Know About Self-Publishing
Below are a few things you need to know about Self Publishing;
What is Self Publishing?
Self-publishing is a process whereby an author publishes their manuscript or written projects digitally without the help of a media company. Publishing can be done in two methods: by traditional means, such as finding an agent and submitting the manuscript to a publisher, or through online services that allow authors to upload their manuscripts and have them printed directly.
Authors have more control over the published books and can set their prices. There are also fewer restrictions on who can purchase a book published through self-publishing services, which may be appealing to some authors. However, self-publishing can be more time-consuming than traditional publishing routes.
Are you an author who wants to publish your work independently and make your own decisions about how, when, and where it is distributed? If your answers to these questions are “yes”, then follow these guides below;
- Log in to Amazon KDP and click ‘Get Started’ under the ‘Publishing Tools’ tab.
- Click the ‘Upload your Book’ button, and choose a file from your computer.
- If you have formatted your book for Kindle, select that format from the dropdown menu next to ‘Book Format’.
- Enter the details of your book, including title, author name, and ISBN (if applicable). You can also add a description of up to 2000 characters.
- Select a price tier and click ‘Next’.
- Choose whether you want to publish electronically or in print form. If you publish electronically, enter the dimensions of each electronic file (ebook size, chapter length).
- Publish after ticking the boxes
- Then you are good to distribute, market, and start earning on the platform.
Self-publishing is a great place to start for authors presently because it requires little capital, although some other form of investment. With Amazon KDP, authors are guaranteed to publish their manuscripts by themselves while having total control of how they earn, sell and publish their books online. You can tour our website pages for more guides on self-publishing.
Subscribe to our newsletter!